Photo By Joanne from Eats Well With Others
An Eats Well With Others original- copied directly from blog
Please refer to this LINK for the original post
Yield: 3-4 servings
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Pasta salad gets a healthy twist just in time for summer! This veggie-loaded roasted string bean, tomato, basil, and mozzarella ravioli salad is feel-good warm weather food.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb string beans, trimmed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Tuscan or Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lb sweet potato, quinoa, and kale ravioli
- 1/2 lb mozzarella balls (bocconcini), quartered
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced basil
- 1/4 cup pistachios, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, toss together the olive oil, string beans, cherry tomatoes, Tuscan seasoning, red pepper flakes, and a hearty pinch of salt and black pepper. Spread out on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake until string beans are starting to brown and tomatoes are starting to burst, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
- In the meantime, bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the ravioli in the boiling water according to package directions. Drain.
- In a large bowl, toss together the roasted vegetables, ravioli, mozzarella, and basil. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve topped with the pistachios.
-1 package La Pasta Four Cheese Ravioli
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-2 cloves garlic, thickly sliced
-2 zucchinis, chopped
-1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
-1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
-1/4 cup fresh basil
-Teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
-Salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese for garnish if desired
Bring a pot of water to a boil.
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high flame. Add garlic and sauté for a minute. Add zucchini, salt and pepper and cook for about eight minutes. Add olives, tomatoes, basil and red pepper flakes. Stir and cook for five minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta for 2 minutes. Scoop pasta out of water and into pan with vegetables. Gently mix everything together and cook for an additional minute.
Serve with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Want to make this dish gluten free or vegan? Substitute La Pasta’s Four Cheese Ravioli for La Pasta Vegan Cheese or Gluten Free Four Cheese Raviolis. If vegan, add vegan parmesan or skip.
La Pasta’s Beet, Butternut Squash & Goat Cheese Ravioli is a finalist!
Here is a simple dish that will take you only 15 minutes to prepare. Its very healthy and delicious. Try this dish for your next Meatless Monday!
-1 container La Pasta’s Basil Pesto
-1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
-Handful of snow peas
-2 medium zucchinis, thinly sliced
-1 package La Pasta’s Roasted Vegetable Ravioli
-Pinch of pepper
-Parmesan Cheese and fresh basil for garnish optional
Heat pesto in a large saucepan over medium high heat until it begins to simmer. Add tomatoes, peas and zucchini. Stir veggies into sauce and cook for about 5 minutes. Place raviolis on top of veggies and place lid on top of pan. Cook for 5 additional minutes. You are steaming the raviolis.
Pour ravioli/ vegetable mixture on a plate. Add pepper, parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Enjoy!
Perfect healthful summer dish!
What is La Pasta eating to fuel up for our half marathon? Our Sweet Potato, Quinoa & Kale Ravioli among others.
Why are these delicious raviolis great runners food?
-Potassium (sweet potato)
-Healthy carbs (our thin dough & quinoa)
-Anti-inflammatory properties (kale)
…they are also loaded with vitamins and antioxidants.
For all you athletes, make sure to pick up a package today!
RUNNING ON LA PASTA…WHAT FUELS YOU?